The Greens have delivered for NSW
In NSW the Greens Members of Parliament, our four Greens Mayors and 76 local government councillors continue to work to bring about a society based on the values of social justice, ecological sustainability, peace and non-violence and grassroots democracy.
We use parliament and public action to give everyone a voice in the future of our state. Our Greens MPs have delivered real results in Parliament for the NSW community, such as:
- Community pressure and the Greens’ Save Callan Park Bill forced Labor to reverse its position
- The Democracy4Sale research project and website has helped to expose the corrupting influence of political donations
- Greens amendments strengthened child protection laws following the Wood Inquiry into Child Protection Services
- The Greens secured amendments to legislation to ensure that the expansion of biofuel production does not threaten food security
- A Greens amendment maintained the ban on the publication of school league tables in NSW
- Greens action caused planning fees for new wind farms to be cut
- The Greens' Snowy Hydro Bill was passed requiring the approval of both houses of parliament before any sale can be pursued.