Government submission backs gas industry over farmers & community
The Greens NSW spokesperson on mining, Jeremy Buckingham MLC, is concerned that the government has decided to back the coal seam gas industry over farmers and community, after the government submission to the Parliamentary Inquiry into coal seam gas was released yesterday.
"This submission shows that the National Party has either been rolled, or is utterly ineffective at protecting farmers rights," said Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham.
The Greens mining spokesperson, Jeremy Buckingham MLC, has congratulated the community for their response and engagement with the NSW Upper House Inquiry into coal seam gas with more than 800 submissions being lodged.
- Contact Details: Office of Jamie Parker MP, ph: 9660 7586
- Event Dates: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 4:00pm
- Location: Cnr of Norton and Marion Streets
- Venue: Leichhardt Town Hall
A warning from Wyoming... How fracking for gas poisoned the water.
- Event Dates: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Location: 20 Blackwall Rd Woy Woy 2256
- Venue: Office of Chris Holstein, MP for Gosford
The Central Coast Greens are working to protect our drinking, agricultural and environmental water resources.
We oppose the Calga sand quarry expansion because of its effects on local water supplies. We are against the proposed Wallarah2 coal mine because of the impacts on local streams, rivers and groundwater.
- Contact Details: RSVP 0404 023 460
- Event Dates: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Location: 249 Oxford St, Paddington
- Venue: Paddington Town Hall
A very special evening of environmental inspiration with Dr. Bob Brown, Ian Cohen & friends!
- Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Dates: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 6:30pm
- Location: 79 Myrtle St, Chippendale
- Venue: Amnesty International's Sydney Office
Australian investment in coal mining in Indonesian Borneo
6-16 November 2013
Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne
The Greens NSW spokesperson on mining Jeremy Buckingham slammed the arrogance of the gas industry and resources ministers on display at the APPEA conference, after Santos moved to 'escalate its war' against opponents of coal seam gas and NSW Resources Minister, Chris Hartcher accused the community of ignorance.
The Greens NSW spokesperson on mining Jeremy Buckingham today condemned the Coalition and Labor party for failing to support landholders’ right to say no to coal seam gas. Greens MP Jamie Parker moved in the Legislative Assembly amendments to the Petroleum (Onshore) Act that would have legislated the right for landholders to refuse an access agreement to a miner to enter their land.
The Greens NSW spokesperson on mining Jeremy Buckingham questioned why the government was repeatedly blocking access to documents relating to the granting of the Shenhua coal exploration licences by disgraced former Minister Ian Macdonald?
- Contact Details: Sydney Ideas Forum - 9351 2943
- Event Dates: Thu, 2 May 2013 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Location: Sydney, Camperdown
- Venue: Sydney Law School, New Law School Building (F10)
A Sydney Ideas Forum: Coal Seam Gas, Coal Mining, and Environmental Justice in NSW