This new position of Project Coordinator Australian Political Parties for Democracy Program (APPDP) oversees the grant provided by AusAID to the Australian Greens to conduct activities that assist in improving democracy outside Australia. The Australian Greens (AG) has chosen its grant focus to be the Asia-Pacific region.
The successful candidate will have direct experience in managing multiple projects and in working overseas in an Official Development Assistance (ODA) country or working with projects based in ODA countries.
In addition they must be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Greens principles.
- Relevant experience in political party fundraising, party building and election campaigns.
- An understanding and experience of development issues.
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work in a teamand provide leadership as required as well as to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Experience and willingness to work with volunteers.
This position is part-time with base hours averaging 16 per week. The salary will begin at an annual rate of $70,747, plus superannuation. Subject to completion of an initial 3 month probationary period the position will be ongoing contingent upon continued funding from AusAID (the current contract runs until 30 June 2015).
The full position description is available here.
Applications addressing all of the selection criteria contained in the position description should be emailed to email@example.com
Enquiries to Brett Constable ph: 02 6140 3219
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 July, 2012.
|AG APPDP Project Coordinator PD 2012.pdf||34.22 KB|