Meet Chris Harris
- Studied Commerce and Law at UNSW
- Self-employed small business owner
- Lives in Kings Cross, married with two adult daughters
- City of Sydney Councillor 2004-2012, Deputy Lord Mayor 2006/07
Chris Harris stands with the community and delivers results
Chris stood with residents to oppose the overdevelopment of the CUB site in Chippendale, the Telephone Exchange in Darlinghurst and more recently against a hotel in the harbour at Barangaroo.
Chris was instrumental in setting up the City’s cycle steering committee which has driven the roll out of Sydney’s cycleways and initiated the city’s car share program.
Chris was also responsible for the City’s Affordable Housing Policy and lobbied the then Labor Minister Borger & the Federal member for Sydney to deliver a 100 apartment complex on the old South Sydney Hospital site at Zetland.
|join us on facebook|
|0407 469 384|
The Greens vision for Sydney
- Planning laws that give the community a say about what should be built where we live
- A fully integrated transport system, including light rail, a cycle network and active transport
- Marriage equality and improved LGBTI rights, including abolishing the gay panic defence
- Positive and financially responsible initiatives to address climate change by reducing green house gas emissions through energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Address the power imbalance between owners corporations and developers and improve the security of tenants by making longer lease periods available
- End the reliance of the government on income from poker machine losses
- Expose cruel & inhumane practices with companion and farm animals