Rally against coal seam gas mining: Sunday 18 September 11am Camperdown Park
A new poll by Galaxy Research has revealed widespread opposition to coal seam gas in Australia.
Greens MP Jamie Parker says the nationwide poll provides support to Sydney's inner west residents, who have already voiced strong opposition to coal seam mining.
"Local residents are rightly concerned about coal seam gas. Dart Energy plans to drill in St Peters and the coal seam gas industry has admitted that extraction will inevitably contaminate aquifers. This could affect a number of surrounding suburbs," said Mr Parker.
The poll found 70% wanted coal seam gas mining prohibited in cities and towns. In NSW 74% supported a moratorium on coal seam gas mining.
- Event Dates: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Location: The University of Sydney
- Venue: Law School Foyer Level 2, Sydney Law School Annex Eastern Avenue
Professor Lesley Hughes, Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University and Lead Councillor, Climate Council
Professor Manfred Lenzen, Professor of Sustainability Research, Faculty of Science, the University of Sydney
- Contact Details: Mark 95171206, Noel 93322886
- Event Dates: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 2:30pm - 6:00pm
- Location: Oxford St Paddington, Sydney
- Venue: Lvl 2 Imperial Hotel
Continental Philosophy Group, Lvl 2 Imperial Hotel, Oxford St Paddington.
Greens at Agquip
Last week the Greens held a stall at Agquip, the biggest agricultural event in Australia. Over 100,000 people visit the event held near Gunnedah each year.
- Event Dates: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:00am - Sun, 21 Sep 2014 4:00pm
- Location: Ultimo
- Venue: Guthrie Theatre, UTS Design & Architecture Bldg, 702-730 Harris Street, Ultimo
Reboot is for anyone asking big questions about what's wrong with our society and what we, together, can do about it. The Greens are excited to bring together great speakers and big topics and want you to join in. Help us maintain our grassroots democratic approach to social change and develop our principles of peace, sustainability and social justice.
- Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Dates: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 4:00pm
- Location: Paddington
- Venue: Chauvel Cinema, cnr of Oatley Rd & Oxford St
Selected from over 400 films by the world’s most prestigious documentary film festival, IDFA (Amsterdam) as the film “which highlighted and raised awareness of environmental issues in the most unique and entertaining way”. Aim High in Creation! has played to packed houses and resounding applause in film festivals around the world.
- Event Dates: Thu, 22 May 2014 6:00pm
- Location: Ultimo
- Venue: Aerial Function Centre, Lv 7, 235 Jones St, UTS
Have we lost our connection with and empathy for animals that foolishly get in our way?
Do animals feel only when we have feelings for them? Do they have value only when they are our pets or make us money? When we study them for science, is their capture and release never without lethal or long-term consequence?
- Contact Details: Alex- email@example.com
- Event Dates: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 7:00pm
- Location: Wollongong
- Venue: University of Wollongong, Building 20 Communications, Room 3
What: Radioactivists, Film Screening (Japanese with English subtitles)
When: 7pm Tuesday 11 March 2014
- Contact Details: Miko- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Dates: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Location: Chatwood
- Venue: Dougherty Community Centre, 7 Victor St, Chatswood -5 mins from train station
Remembering Fukushima - Three Years On
Special Sydney screening of soon to be released film 'Surviving Japan' by Director Christopher Nolan